August 17, 2011

Snowflake Trio

I did it again. (No oops - I did it on purpose.)

I was inspired by the last OCC challenge when I did a card trio and truth be told, I made this trio at the same time I did the fruit one. You see, I'm in the holiday-card-making-spirit. I'm signed up for a local high school holiday craft fair in November and so I'm crankin' away on holiday stuff to get my little 8' x 10' piece of it all stuffed with holiday paper crafted goodies.




Here's what I like to do when I'm creating cards to go together in a set. I typically like to mix patterned papers and these days its pretty easy to do with the number of patterns most manufacturers build into their lines. The papers I used on this set are from Echo Park Wintertime and were actually a few larger scraps left over from another project - a perfect way to use up those leftovers!


Border papers (like the one above) with strips on one 12" x 12" sheet would be perfect for this kind of project and was also perfect for this minimalist layout. To bring the set together, I mixed the patterns up so a few patterns are on different cards.

Off to make more product for my little paper venture.

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment