July 14, 2012

OCC: Blue, Red and Pink


Hi Paper Crafting Friends!

Lots of fun stuff happening at Our Creative Corner. First let me say welcome to a few new team members who will be starting their place on the team in a few weeks:

Lisa Minckler - You Made Me Ink
Kim Price - Inkcognito
Paula McClane - Scrap Addict's Attic
Liliana Inguanti - Stampin' From Home

I can't wait to see what they add to our challenges each week!

Now onto this week's challenge. Today, Sharon is throwing a color challenge your way with Navy Blue, Red and one additional color of your choice (not including neutrals). To give a little inspiration, take a look a this: 


And for a little more inspiration, a quote:
"I'd rather be doing nothing with you than something with anyone else."

This week I'm showcasing a project with blue, pink and red. 

I cut strips in 1" pieces and adhered them to a thin piece of paper at an angle. Then I trimmed them to 4.5" x 4.5" to fit on my 5" x 5" white card base.


Then I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white card stock, trimmed one corner with the little banner angles and adhered it to the card with some foam adhesive dots. Truth be told, I did have a little floofy ribbon embellishment to add but it looked a little out of place so I decided to leave it off. 

I hope you're inspired enough to get working on a project and submit it to this week's challenge. Take a look at what the other OCC designers have put together for us this week:

Linda Coughlin The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler Scrumplescrunch
Anita Houston The Artful Maven Haven
Anne Marie Hile Stampin' Anne
Marcy Kaminski En Papillote Arts
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan Stampin Time
Lori Rider The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet Designs by Sharon


A Reminder About Posting:
We ask that you read the challenge requirements carefully and not submit work that does not fit our challenge.  Any submissions that do not follow the challenge requirements will be removed.  
We do require that your project be a new project and not back-linked to a project made before this challenge started. Please be sure you link back to the OCC blog post in order to be eligible for our Top Talent award.  This challenge closes at 11:59 p.m.Eastern Time on July 20th.

And for this challenge, please make sure to post in your blog which color you chose to add to the challenge.

I can't wait to see your talent!
Holly

1 comment:

  1. I love the addition of the red... it's what I'd been toying with, but I'm not sure I'd get anything which pleased me as much as this! Lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete