October 22, 2011

OCC: Fabulous Faces

Happy Saturday!

Well, its raining in Washington (big surprise, I know) but that just means staying inside is a requirement. And staying inside means I will be paper crafting today! WOO HOO!

This week on Our Creative Corner, we're working on projects with faces. Marjie is the host this week and I'm glad she put this challenge together. It really made me think about how I was going to pull this one off. I love these kind of challenges!

I'm not a scrapbooker but I do love having pictures of my family around me. The one I'm using this week is one of my all-time favorites of my son, Grady when he was a baby. I turned it into a sepia toned image for this project because I really like that for the holidays. Its nostalgic and I just love that for Christmas.

So my project could be an ornament for the tree or a gift tag. Grady's four now and learning to read but still in the beginning stages. How fun would it be if we wrapped all the gifts and put pictures of the people they go to on the tag? All my nephews would have a grand time distributing the packages because they could actually hand them out without having to ask their parents, "What does this one say?"



Play along with us this week on Our Creative Corner. Create a project that uses a face in some way. (And it doesn't have to be a human face!) Take a look at what the other designers have cooked up for their Fabulous Faces projects.


6 comments:

  1. This is adorable Holly, Love that sweet little face! I actually did that very thing one Christmas several years back, I took baby pictures of all my family and made them into gift tags for their present that year. The best part was looking through all the photos to pick the ones I wanted yo use. I still have the ones I made for DD and DH and I got the ones I made for my Mom and Dad after they passed away. Thanks for reminding me of that! :) Sweet Memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Holly, I love your project! Your son is absolutely adorable and I think your idea of doing the gift tags that way so the pre-readers can have a role in handing out presents is 100% fantastic. Thanks for this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool project, Holly! I absolutely love the entire creation - the colors, design and the sepia toned photo of your little one! Love the idea of the photo tags too! Such a creative take on the faces challenge!

    Hope you are having a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, that photo of your son is so stinkin' cute! What a sweetie! I absolutely love your project this week. What a fun idea to make personalized photo tags for gifts, too. That is such a fantastic idea! You have inspired me yet again! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEKK!! Is that the BEST face ever!!??!?!? I love that you made this into a tag for gifts, such a genius idea. I'm behind on my comments, but HAD to post something here on this creation, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorably sweet! I think it would make a fabulous addition to a gift or the tree. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete