December 17, 2011

OCC: Color Challenge

The air is buzzing as the Christmas countdown gets closer and closer to "the big day." My son is 4 and a half and this year he gets it. He is enamored with all things Santa, lights and presents and its fun to see him enjoying this time of the year as much as I do.


This week on Our Creative Corner, our host Anne Marie has a beautiful color challenge for the holidays! I love cards but I enjoy branching out a bit too. This time around, I've created a simple but really fun snowflake garland. Here's the color pallet we're working with this week:


Ok. Ok. So I didn't use the red so much in my project but technically, red is on the back of one of the snowflakes. Does that count?

This is a really easy, somewhat-not-so-time consuming project. I found some papers I liked and ran them through my Sizzix with a snowflake die. If you decide to make one of these, choose a shape that's not to frail or fragile.



Once I had several snowflakes cut, I lined them up in the order I wanted and then stitched away, right down the center. To hang them up, I punched a quarter inch hole on either end and finished off with a silver grommet and loop of ribbon. I've made several of these - some with a mix of colors, some monochromatic - and I just adore them.

I'm going to make a few for gifts this year so I better get crackin'!

If you have some time on your hands this week for a little bit of a papercrafting challenge, play along with us this week. Take a look at what our other designers have put together this week:


Only 8 more days (or about 194 hours if you count it that way) until the "big day"!
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment