December 3, 2011

OCC: Haul Out the Holly

Happy first-Saturday-of-December! I could not be more thrilled that the Christmas season has finally come. Christmas is by far my most favorite time of the year so I am savoring every moment between now and December 25th.


This week on Our Creative Corner, Wendy Janson is hosting a fun sketch challenge for us all.


Check it (as Cath from Moxie Fab World would say):

And here's my take on this sketch:

I think lavender is one of those unexpected holiday colors and snowflakes are a perfect compliment. Isn't it pretty along with the glitter?

I took a 3"x3" square of Amethyst Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock, used my fingers to spread a bunch of glue around it to cover the surface and then with Martha Stewart's Crystal glitter. Then I dry embossed the snowflakes on a piece of white cardstock and then used a Sizzix Sizzlit snowflake die to punch out the large snowflake shape. After the glitter had dried, I adhered it to my card base in the area where the punched out snowflake would be. On another piece of Amethyst cardstock, I stamped my PTI sentiment and then mounted it to the dry embossed piece. 

Using foam tape, I mounted the whole thing to my cardstock and BAM! I was done. This card is ideal for giving to someone in person or with a gift basket because of the dimensional aspect. 

So now its your turn. See what you can do to "decorate" this sketch! To get your ideas rolling, take a look at what the other designers on our team have made.




Have a great week! Only 22 days until Christmas!
Holly

3 comments:

  1. Great card, Holly! I love the way you used the negative space as the circle part of the sketch. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, this is so pretty! Love all of the texture and that pop of sparkle. I really like the elegance of your card...it's gorgeous! Hope your week is going well. Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just pure perfection on this stunning CAS card Holly!! Love the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete