February 19, 2011

Thank You (Times Four)

Is it weird that I like paper so much? I know I'm geeky about it but when your friends and co-workers know it too...that might be a cue you have a problem!

I was talking with someone at work on Friday about an idea I had for an event gift that was inspired by a papercraft project at home. I must have started talking fast and getting animated because she started to giggle and said "look how excited you are about paper"! I had to laugh to myself because she was right.

My Card:: Thank You (Times Four)
Since this is my second post on my blog, I'd like to say THANK YOU to all of you who viewed, followed and/or commented on the first post.

I really enjoy sharing my finished products with you all but what I also like is that I can use this forum to pass along all the things I learned along the way (aka...all the mistakes I made in getting to something I could actually feel good about giving to someone).

I thought it was appropriate to share my latest project - a Thank You card!

And with that comes a lesson in spacing...

So this was an idea I had after seeing all the bright colors in the striped background cardstock I used in the background. I thought I had it all together. Everything was clicking on this project.



I cut the striped background to the right size on the first attempt (won't happen again for awhile I'm sure). Check.

I practiced my stamping on several cute little scalloped squares and then picked the best ones. Check.

I found the perfect ribbon in my stash. Check.

And then it happened.


I tried to position the stamped squares perfectly and evenly spaced. Once. Then twice. Then a third. I'd get two looking right and then try to add a third and totally mess it all up. I don't know how many times I ended up placing them. But I finally did and when I did, it turned out great.


I still haven't figured out how I "should" have done it but since working on it, I've come up with a few ideas to try the next time I want to use a similar layout.

2 comments:

  1. Love how the pattern stripes are diagonal! Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is simply adorable! I love, love, LOVE the color palate :)

    ReplyDelete