June 5, 2011

Finding a Rhythm

Hope you had a great weekend! We certainly did...a trip to Mt. Rainier yesterday and then just hanging around the house today. Grady found a lady bug in the back yard and thought she'd like to "hang out inside" for a while.



Since I really started doing this at the end of January, I've noticed it usually takes me A LONG TIME to get a card finished. Its frustrating (isn't it?)! I know getting a project done quickly sometimes isn't always the goal but it seems like I should be able to finish a card in an afternoon. But, its at times where I'm lagging that I find my work self telling my hobby self to pick up the pace.

Guess what? Today I did!

I think I sat down around 2:30 and by 4:00, I had my card done. Yay for me! And here she is...

Another Cr84fn challenge (I like this color challenge blog ALOT!)



I love this paper from Making Memories - a new line called Dilly Dally. Its so fresh and cute. I got a few of the accessories too but I didn't end up using them on this project.

I used a journaling label for the sentiment. I have a bit of an addition to these little labels although I don't scrapbook so I have stacks of them waiting to be used. Thanks to Betsy Veldman (who uses journaling tags from time to time on her cards), I tried it on this card and it turned out perfectly!

I'm excited to get more details from Paper Crafts Magazine about their Gallery Idol - deets tomorrow so keep your eyes and ears peeled!

Have a great week!
Holly



5 comments:

  1. Oh Holly! This is so gosh darn pretty! Love the stitching and the gingham bow! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that green brad! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Holly! Lovin' all that patterned paper and your stitching looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, this card is so beautiful! I love how you used the journaling card (I alwayst struggle using mine). The colors are gorgeous! I chuckled over your post...I'm a slow crafter too. Yeah for you for making such a fabulous card in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly - so pleased to read that you enjoy the CR84FN challenge (I do too!) This is such a pretty card - love the papers you've used and some great stitched detail! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete